Secrets to Delivering
A Powerful Speech
- Fit your topic to your audience’s interests.
Communicate in their language.
- Organize your presentation. Know your
main points well.
- Never read your speech from a text. Use
- Practice and rehearse your speech over and
over. Preferably in front of real people.
Otherwise on your feet.
- Dramatize, emphasize, energize.
- Pause frequently.
- Tell them you are looking forward to your
- Start slowly and then gradually speed up
to a comfortable pace.
- Look happy and confident. Smile.