Checklist for the Prepared Presenter
Before Your Presentation
- Be sure that your briefcase is packed with:
- An introduction, written out in full for
someone else to read.
- Prepared overhead transparencies or flip-
- Prepared handouts - wrapped to keep them
- Know exactly how to get to your speaking
location. Leave enough time in case you get lost,
take the wrong highway exit, or become stuck in
traffic! Have a plan in case your car breaks down!
- Know the names of your contact meeting orga-
nizers. Be sure that you have their telephone
numbers handy in case of last minute problems
with the presentation arrangements.
- Know the names of important people attending
your presentation. Practice their names. If you
can, find out something about them which you
can mention if and when you run into them.
- Bring felt markers, overhead pens, pencils (for
handout exercises), whiteboard pens and eraser,
chalk and a chalk brush. Do not assume the
meeting room will have these things.